Anyone who has experience in a school setting understands that keeping the campus clean is a special challenge. Educators (teachers), administrators, parents, and cleaning companies alike understand this to keep a school clean and sanitized, there is a ton of aspects to consider. Cleaning a school is not like cleaning a home or a company, and the people responsible for contracting with a cleaning company have to understand the unique challenges to keeping a clean, sanitary, and secure educational environment for the kids and staff.
What makes a school such a type of challenge to clean?
There are a lot of reasons why schools are exceptional challenges for cleaning companies. This isn’t a comprehensive listing, but it can give you a good idea of the intricacies a great cleaning provider understands when they’re brought into a school setting.
- Germs and illnesses: Schools are a breeding ground for germs and viruses. This is particularly true because kids often become symptomatic during the school day when they’ve been interacting with other children and teachers daily.
- Unique spaces: Schools are made up of countless different types of spaces, each requiring its cleaning regimen. In addition to classrooms and offices, there are bathrooms, cafeterias, gymnasiums, locker rooms, bathrooms, offices, medical facilities, and shared public spaces like hallways and stairwells. Commercial Cleaning Services in Lewisville provide deep cleaning service by using safe and latest cleaning products.
- Challenging Programs: Cleaning a school requires awareness of the day-to-day operations of their school, as tasks will need to be completed in a way that doesn’t interfere with the educational achievements of the students.
- Staffing wants: School cleaning businesses must have high standards when hiring employees who will be working around kids.
- Limited funds: Public and private schools alike are bound to stick to a strict budget. There is not a great deal of space for adding employees, hours, or responsibilities to the current facilities budget of the majority of schools. While everyone likes to save money, schools are particularly constrained regarding how much they can spend.
How do your current cleaning staff do on a school cleaning test?
Decision-makers in the school system need to evaluate their current cleaning and janitorial policies and personnel to be able to ascertain what changes might have to be made. One means to do this is to imagine the way the staff would do if there were a test. After all, educators understand the value of supplying a test to assess the strengths and weaknesses of their students.
Just as assessing student performance allows teachers to determine what changes need to be made in their pedagogy, assessing the strengths and weaknesses of your existing cleaning strategy is a fantastic way to figure out if you want to change your strategy.
These are a few of the questions you can ask to appraise and evaluate your current system:
- Is your school currently clean enough to earn an “A”?
Describe what level of cleanliness would earn your school an A grade, and go from there. Some things that might factor into this include: How efficiently does your staff handle the day-to-day operations of maintaining the school clean? In an emergency, how quickly are your employees able to react to all those immediate needs? Are your facilities well stocked with janitorial materials, or do you often find that the restrooms are out of toilet paper and paper towels have to be replaced?
If you’re not earning an A on your present upkeep, what do you have to do to boost your score?
- Do your pupils and teachers feel they are in a safe and clean environment?
Quickly responding to spills, injuries, and messes are all about more than maintaining an environment which looks fine. It’s also about maintaining the people in your building protected.
If students aren’t safe, they cannot learn.
- When parents and People are in the construction, do they view issues that cause them to worry about student safety?
Sometimes, when we become accustomed to what an environment looks like, we must view it through fresh eyes. Looking about as a visitor rather than as an administrator or educator means seeing the issues that stand out as dangerous, unclean, or unsightly.
What visitors and parents see if they come to the school can impact registration, involvement, and morale.
- How powerful are the Lines of communication between the many players in your school cleanliness game?
Is it easy for everybody in your system to quickly document a need for maintenance or clean-up? Is there a definite chain of command running out of supervisors to entry-level employees? Are problems solved quickly and then reported to the man who noted the need in the first location?
Difficulty with getting cleaning and maintenance jobs taken care of could lead to teaching and administrative personnel feeling frustrated and demoralized.
- Are your employees professional in the way they go about daily?
Can they appear to work on time, dress appropriately, and using a positive attitude? Does your staff feel valued in the workplace or overworked? Can they contribute to the positive environment you’re trying to build in your school construction, or are there issues with negativity or inadequate performance?
A high-quality staff should be enthusiastic and professional about their work!
How can we assist?
Dallas Janitorial Services has been meeting with the cleaning, maintenance, and facilities needs of companies, homeowners, and educational providers for many years. We pride ourselves in understanding the exceptional cleaning and upkeep needs of school campuses, from elementary schools to colleges. If you aren’t confident your facility would receive an A+ on a cleaning test, then let’s talk.
Let’s come up with a facilities plan that will ensure the protection of your staff and students without costing you tons of money. We understand your needs! Dallas Janitorial Services offer exceptional professional staff who are ready to make sure that your facilities are kept outstandingly.
Contact us today for a free quote, according to your school’s needs. We look forward to helping you make your school a safe, clean, and welcoming environment for students, staff, and parents!